How do I care for my new wig or hairpiece?
Here are a few tips from our master hair stylists to help ensure that your piece stays as luscious and beautiful
for as long as possible.
1. Salon Quality... it is important to only use salon quality products on our BHB pieces. Doing so allows for
the hair to stay hydrated, healthy and looking its best! Products are available to purchase in store and online.
2. Keep me clean! Between washes, wipe down the inside of your hair piece cap with a baby wipe to
remove any excess oil build up coming from your scalp. For those who are using their piece daily, we strongly
recommend you washing your piece every 1-2 weeks and for more intermediate use, wash every 3-5 weeks.
3. Wash me like a professional:
- Using a soft bristle brush, take all the knots out first. Starting with the nape and ends,
then gently working out any knots.
- Rinse the roots & ends in luke-warm water.
(This can be done under running water in a sink or shower.)
- Use sulfate free products if your piece has been processed or colour treated.
- Shampoo the hair twice (using salon quality products)
- Following a double shampoo, wash with salon quality conditioner. Focusing on the ends and
working your way up to the top of the piece.
- Gently towel dry... gently! If you have time to let the piece dry naturally after a towel dry
this would be best. However if you need to blowdry then blast dry at a 20cm distance.
4. Styling me like a professional. If you are unable to take advantage of our in store salon services, then
make sure you are using the correct tools and heat protection products. Our pieces are made from 100%
Virgin European hair and premium pre-coloured Remy human hair so stay clear of any tools that are too heavy
on the heat, as we would hate for you to damage the hair. Make sure you wash the hair first so it is hydrated
prior to adding heat.
5. Storage.. keep me safe! To ensure the longevity of your piece, we need to make sure your hair is safely
stored for protection, after all doesn’t everyone want to live a little longer? Each client is provided with a BHB
Hair Box to store their hair when it isn’t being used.
6. Show it a little extra love when needed! The sun is strong so it can lighten and dry out the hair over a
period of time so your piece may need some extra hydration! If you need us to give your piece a spa makeover
for a beautiful refresh we would love to help bring your hair back to life!
7. OOPS... If the piece tears or is damaged it should be looked at by a professional repairer right away to
determine the scope of the repair and the urgency to make sure no further damage will be caused to the
piece. It can be tempting to scratch the piece if you feel an itch however we advise using your fingers to tap at
the irritated area, this will avoid repeated friction to the area, potentiality causing damage. If you can, it would
be best to remove the piece to avoid scratching through the cap.
8. Zzzz... Sleeping in the hair can cause damage to the delicate hairs, we advise against doing this if it is
possible for you. If you choose to sleep in your piece (which is ok too!) that is a very personal choice and you
just need to be mindful it may not last as long.
Most of all, enjoy your gorgeous new hair!